American Mary (2012)
˖ ࣪⊹๋࣭ ⭑ Genre: thriller, horror, body horror
4 / 5 ★★★★☆
The beginning guy's cries as Mary walked out and to her home was a nice touch, showing how deeply shocking it was to her to have stuck in her mind the while way home. I think the contrast in her emotionally freaking out in the beginning, and then the end was a nice touch.
Speaking of the end, it's somewhat underwhelming how it ended, but I thought the last scene as and after Mary attempted surgery on herself to be quite a beautiful end scene regarding Mary's presence.
I lowkey thought the borderline incestuous (which I only say because of their ight touches to each other) twins wanted to be conjoined, which would have been cool to see in a movie like this centering around body mods and body horror. Even if that wasn't the twins' goal, I'm a little bummed we didn't see the end result of their modifications. Just kinda left us hanging, the sketch was cool but it would have been even more so if we saw the healed looks.
Katharine Isabelle does a wonderful job at playing Mary, and it makes sense why this role was made with her in mind to play it. Also loved Beatress. She was so cute, and she did an amazing job at the Betty Boop voice impression.

No comments:
Post a Comment