Pages


⋆ ♫。 Song of the Week ˚♬ ゚⋆

August 15, 2026

⋆。°✩ Journaling

I love journaling!! It's a hobby I picked up around December of 2024, and one I've picked back up this whole year. A hobby that doesn't require too much of me, and one that has honestly helped me to acknowledge rough patches and work through them. As well as recall the good moments and cherish them a little more deeply.

I like to start a new journal with an "about me" spread. I include a picture of myself, in this case a selfie, an outfit pic, and my favorite pic of myself from when I was a child.

I include my name, birthday, zodiac sign, sexuality, gender, pronouns, and state.

Then I list off my likes and hobbies on the left. On the right, I list my top 6-8 favorites, music artists, movies, television shows, and games!

I journal about nothing specific exactly. I write about my days, if I did something a bit new for a change, I will write about it. If I go out of town, I will recall my travels. 

Every month, I dedicate a page to my monthly song repeats, as I have mentioned previously. I jot down little lists on pages. (I currently have a "bedroom upgrades" list to refer to in the future). 



In my second journal, I dedicate it to media. In it, I write down my reviews for first-time watches of movies. I do so as well for albums!

For albums, I write the title on top, and list the artist, release date, tracklist, review, and overall rating. I also rate each individual song, out of 5 stars. 




And for the movies, I write the title, director, runtime, genre, watch date, release date, review, and rating out of 5 stars. 

Usually, I try to take notes on a separate piece of scratch paper, though this is not mandatory at all. I find, personally, it helps me keep track of my thought process throughout the movie, as well as little details to remember or take into consideration.

Sometimes I write my full review down in my journal, and then log it and copy it to my letterboxd. Sometimes I write it on letterboxd first, and then transfer it to my journal. 


In the back of my media journal, I like to write down lyrics from songs I like. Mostly, my favorite lyrics and lyrics that speak to me personally.

Here, I wrote down some lyrics to the song Better in the Dark by Jordana and TV girl, as well as the quote that was sampled at the end of the song. 


These are my two journals. The strawberry one is my life/personal journal, it was found at Target. And my media journal is the Kiki's Delivery Service, gifted to me by my sister a few years ago. I unfortnuately do not know where this one was purchased.
I highly recommend journaling! It doesn't need to be anything fancy, I see a lot of journaling pictures and videos online where it all just looks so neat and perfect. But all you really need is paper, a pen, and yourself. Write about anything, your day, your dreams, your vents, poems, movie reviews, song lists, grocery lists, your plans and goals for the future. Anything! 

2 comments:

  1. Currently trying to pick up journaling and this was so helpful for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I'm glad to have offered some inspo!! <3

      Delete