Pages


⋆ ♫。 Song of the Week ˚♬ ゚⋆

July 21, 2026

. ݁₊⊹.πŸ“½ Movie Review: Pearl (2022)

Pearl (2022)

˖ ࣪⊹๋࣭ ⭑ Genre: horror, drama, thriller

5 / 5 ★★★★★
" The whole world's gonna know my name... " 
Starting off strong with a beautiful opening sequence, I went into this movie hyped (surprisingly so, considering X hadn't really done it for me) and this movie did not disappoint in the slightest. 
" I don't want to end up like you, is all... " 
There's a reflection of disdain for the life you've ended up seemingly trapped in bounced between both mother and daughter. A mirror held up in which the mother's bottled up rage, even in all the efforts of refusal, is reflected back within the daughter. A reluctant acceptance that maybe, whether its actually true or not, this is the life for you. And the question of why? And worse, the lack of a true answer. 

Going into the movie, I already had some semblance of what happens. And yet that still did nothing to ease the sense of dread building up at certain moments, even if I knew what was going to come. If anything, the knowing only made those feelings grow stronger. Which I absolutely love, it takes something real good for it to weigh so heavily. 

I can see how Pearl's dance immediately lands itself in "Best movie dance sequences of all time." Even if the murdering wasn't something that happened, I still would have rooted for Pearl to get that casting. It was beautiful!

And of course, Pearl's near 10 minute long monologue was soul crushing. It tore my heart to pieces and threw them back at my face. Such raw, nasty, heartfelt confessions hitting all too close to home. Pent up rage, hate, jealousy, desperation. Brought tears to my eyes. No cuts within the majority of the monologue, uncomfortable and yet all the same necessary and relatable. 
" It's not about what I want anymore... "

" It's about making the best of what I have... "  

Tags: 𖀐⭒๋࣭ ⭑ myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment